Sunday, January 22, 2012

Youthful Dreams

For Rose, the object of my once youthful dream, 
a person I never tried to know.

Long, yes, yet on this seventh year it seems
My love is dying; Now I've been seeing
That I have been dreaming such foolish dreams
All I see now is how I've been lying.

Its Generosity has blinded me
Never have I worked tirelessly for it.
For on that year, I changed so you could see
That I can be the best, so I may fit


Simplicity haunted me 'til this day.
It kept me at ease when things got complex.
It gave words yet never right ones to say.
Now it's dying, I regret its effects.

Prudence showed your grace above all others
It made my dreams much higher than before
Why would I have been looking at others?
For there was no one else I could adore.

Then I left. A land of sand welcomed me
Bliss came into both my mind and my heart
Joy found me in a place I did not see
Yet I returned, for I was torn apart.

When I returned, I was given a choice:
Come back to a past I've left behind
Or start anew: a present with no voice.
Seeing you again, I made up my mind.

Then, in two years, I stood in cold silence.
Still a shadow of generosity.
Still at such loss in prudence's absence.
A broken product of simplicity.

On this seventh year I have come to see
That youthful dreams are foolish to follow
Trying to open doors without a key
With its death, I have become so hollow

In hopeful wishes, I lay my love's death.
In scornful regrets, I waste my own breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment