Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Letter To God (High school Letter Writing Activity)

Dear God,

God, up until now I haven't spoken solemnly to you for quite a while. I've been ignorant to your calls, your gifts and your greatness. Lately, I've forgotten what it is you truly made me for: to worship you.



I've been blinded by worldly things such as love, knowledge and riches. These things... I know they will not matter much after I perish. So now I come to you, begging you, please forgive me. You my creator. My God, the one who guides me to good and encourages me to avoid evil. I ask for a chance of redemption in your eyes. Release me from the grasp of temptation, ignorance, hate, apathy and greed. Free me from the touch of the devil and let your light shine upon me.

I know I am not worthy of your presence. This is one of the many reasons why I've taken a step back from you. How can I, out of all the millions of people out there far greater and far kinder, be of importance to you? My gracious God, I've doubted my very existence; my purpose in life. With all the challenges you have put me through, I've become weak. I did not hold on to my faith as strong as my grandmother and others before me have. I thought that you weren't guiding me anymore.

These troubles... they have given me such negativity at heart. That I no longer see through all the challenges and only see the evil that is at present. Now I know. I know that all these are but tests. Tests that will make me into a better worshiper; a better person. Though shaken, I will continue on. I will live my life with you by my side. Knowing that you will forever guide me and all these troubles will mean nothing to me. Your love will be my reason. My reason will be my worship to you. For like the gold that is molded to perfection using the knowledge of men, I will be molded into the loving and better person you want me to be using the challenges I've gone and will go through.

With all the grace and love of the world,
A. V.

No comments:

Post a Comment